Got a pitch deck submitting for placement at a big event in Europe. Need someone to critique and offer advice urgently.
Pitch Deck Building Blocks
What does the deck need to have in it? Your checklist should include the following topics:
1. Customer Problem: description of customer pain and how the company solves it - concept & key elements
2. Product Overview: what the company does, for whom and why it’s compelling
3. Key Players: founders, key team members, and key advisors, with industry backgrounds and expertise
4. Market Opportunity: market size, growth characteristics, segmentation
5. Competitive Landscape: competitors and competitive feature sets, plus your sustainable competitive advantages
6. Go-To-Market Strategy: how the company will sell its product, in detail, including roughly how much it will cost to build that sales engine
7. Stage of Development: product development, customer acquisition, partner relationships
8. Critical Risks & Challenges: what can go wrong and how the company plans to manage it
9. Financial Projections: how much time and money it will take to get to cash flow break-even and five year projections (it is really helpful if entrepreneurs show Yr5 mid-case, worst case and best case with key assumptions)
10. Exit Options: categories of likely buyers, rationales, list of specific likely buyers and comparables with valuation multiples
11. Funding Requirements: how much, what the company will use it for, what milestones it expects to hit
I am an expert in advising on pitch decks. Feel free to setup a call.