Do Freelance Consultants working for organisations in the UK and the USA have to pay any local taxes if they are not based in these countries?

I am an International Consultant consulting for various organisations in both the USA and the UK. Most of my payments clauses comes with the whole "Applicable taxes to be deducted at source". Can an expert please let me know how much tax a company in either jurisdiction can deduct when I am neither based in those countries?


You'll approach this by working with a Tax person in each jurisdiction.

Note: This only applies if you have a brick + mortar location, along with exact organization of the business.

Tip: Making mistakes can be costly. Don't believe any "experts" besides in-country Tax people.

Answered 3 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2024 LLC. All rights reserved.