What is the best way to document copyright transfer for creative work (music, art, etc..) in Europe?

For companies within the EU, what are the best and correct ways to document transfer of copyright when getting services from artists?


The best way would be to have the creator/artist sign a waiver and transfer of rights. This is an agreement between you and them (it's about 1.5 - 3 pages long) in which they clearly state that they are transferring all the rights to you and waiving any future claims.
I advise having a lawyer draft this for you* (yes, I also draft these documents), or if you don't have any money, I am sure you can find some free or cheap templates online from one of the website that provide legal documents.
* the reason I advise using a lawyer/attorney is because this type of document isn't too expensive, and you need it to be tailored to your specific needs.

Good luck
I've successfully helped over 350 entrepreneurs, startups and businesses, and I would be happy to help you. After scheduling a call, please send me some background information so that I can prepare in advance - thus giving you maximum value for your money. Take a look at the great reviews I’ve received:

Answered 4 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2024 LLC. All rights reserved.