I have a list of over 10,000 email addresses collected organically from the website. They were collected over the past several years using single opt-in. The open rate on emails to this list is currently less than 10%. I have now switched to a different email app (email service provider) and am now using a double opt-in system to collect leads on the website. I am reluctant to add bad email addresses into the new email app. What options do I have for using this email address list to engage or communicate with prospects? Is there a way to use social media to connect with prospects from this list? For most records, I have first name, email address, and IP address; for a smaller subset I have additional information like city, state, zip code etc. Thanks.
This is a good question.
I think that the best use of your old email list depends on "how" you got the emails + "why" people gave them to you (at the time). Examples: did they buy a product? Sign up to a newsletter? Contact you?
Based on "how"/"why" you got the emails, you can then reach out to them by providing them value (giving them something related to what they wanted when providing your email).
For example: if someone bought a product, then it would be ok to offer them similar or complimentary products. If someone subscribed to your newsletter, send out an informational email (and perhaps gently include 1-2 products/services that you are offering).
1. Remember to utilize the email you are sending out to its' fullest - invite them to become members, subscribe to your blog, or whatever other method to keep them engaged. You only have on shot.
2. The email should not be spammy - respect their time.
3. Allow for a clear and easy unsubscribe method and unsubscribe anyone who asks.
4. Use 'cool'* and friendly wording (and stay short and to the point) (* unless it's health products/services etc).
5. As for the open rate, this is a whole huge subject and not for this answer.
I've successfully helped over 300 entrepreneurs, startups and businesses, and I would be happy to help you perfect the above advice. After scheduling a call, please send me some background information so that I can prepare in advance - thus giving you maximum value for your money. Take a look at the great reviews I’ve received: https://clarity.fm/assafben-david
Best of luck