Do I need a food scientist or baker to commercialize a baked good recipe?

I have a baked good recipe that I want to commercialize. I need to: Stabilize flavor Stabilize shelf life Scale the recipe for co-packer I have someone I want to work with that is a trained baker and is knowledgeable She says she works with a F.S. for what she’s not able to answer. Should I primarily be working with someone whose a food scientist? Thoughts?


Ideally yes you would want to work with someone who is a Food Scientist or Chemist who can give appropriate recommendations for preserving the food, multiplying the recipe and etc. Also, depending on your location, there may be differences based on the governing food or agricultural body for requirements to commercialize a recipe or get appropriate licensing. That way you can ensure that you and the baker that you partner with follow necessary protocols and scale the recipe effectively.

Answered 4 months ago

I know this sounds over simplified, but I would work with both (assuming your budget allows this) as each has their own expertise. I would start with the food scientist, and then have the baker play around with the ingredients and cooking methods to check taste, texture and quality.
I can connect you with a good food scientist if you like. The fee for this will be a 'thank you' and a smile (you have to do both, otherwise no deal) :-)

Answered 4 months ago

food scientist will give your product CREDIBILITY it needs very much. This will make customer believe that your product is true. For more detail call me at 919748219172

Answered 4 months ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2019 LLC. All rights reserved.