Can Non-US resident apply for a Social Security Number?

Florida Department of Real Estate requires EIN (Employer Identification Number) and my Social Security Number to apply for a "brokerage license". My recently opened US company already have an EIN but I (as an Officer) don't have a SSN because Im a non-US resident. Could you please advise me if there is an option to apply for a SSN for license purpose? Your help is greatly appreciated.


Yes, my ex partner obtained US social security number while he was non-US resident. He was Canadian.
I recommend asking either lawyer or directly the authority since the requirements may be different where you are from and what you need this for.
Hope this help.

Answered 4 years ago

Non-residents can apply for a TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) which, for many intents and purposes, can be used like a SS#.

Answered 4 years ago

If you are authorized to work in the United States, you can get a SSN as a non-citizen. The key will be the authorization to work. If you are not yet resident in the U.S., but have authority to work here, you can get a SSN when you apply for an immigrant visa with the U.S. State Department.

Answered 4 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2024 LLC. All rights reserved.