What is a reportable transaction in IRS Corporate Tax Law?

I'm a foreign founder who has a Delaware C -Corp. I'm the only shareholder. I have used my personal card for paying my corporate expenses like Franchise fees, incorporation fees and trademark filing fees. I don't want my company to pay it back. I mean I don't consider it as a loan. Would that be considered as a reportable transaction under IRS Form 5472?


Yes. Generally these amounts should be reported on Form 5472. If you are paying company expenses using your personal funds as the sole shareholder, the amounts would be classified as additional paid-in-capital contributions by the sole shareholder, so they wouldn't be recorded on the company balance sheet as a shareholder loan. These payments would fall under the category of "other amounts paid" or "other amounts received" on the Form 5472.

Answered 5 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2024 LLC. All rights reserved.