I have started a new SEO company. I need direction on how to get my first client.
If you are going cold market the best way I have found is looking for a niche where there are good solid companies on page two - five that have poor onsite SEO and/or site design. Connect with them.
Answered 4 years ago
* Make sure your presentation is ready for clients, including packages, what you offer and results that someone can expect to get. The more you share, the more interest you will "drum up."
* It's important to have a niche, even if it is in SEO. The market is flooded with businesses you are competing against. For instance, many companies will focus on something like SEO for doctors, then will focus on locality, allowing them to really target and build to those who are interested.
* Reach Out: Look at places that are hiring for SEO contractors and have RFPs. You will find several resources and boards that are always looking for someone to help.
* Reach Out: If you are specialising in a specific niche, then contact websites or those in your locality.
* Show Your Presence: When you focus on a niche, it allows you to build SEO on your own website. This is important because if you offer the service and don't show results yourself, then it creates a loss of validity.
* Show Your Presence: Social media, articles, PR... anything that gathers attention that you are ready for business should be highlighted, especially since you are launching.
Want to know about launch campaigns or how to put these details together? I can help!
Answered 4 years ago
If you do what you preach, you have probably optimized your own website to a top-notch inbound lead generation machine already! However, if that is not enough, here are a few ideas:
1. Register to some of the big sites where projects are offered. Like Clarity. :) Freelancer.com is a big one as well, with a lot of SEO projects available.
2. Paid advertising. Do it well or it will cost you more than it brings in.
3. Find web sites where you can meet the future clients: business sites like LinkedIn or some more SEO specific sites like SEOChat for example. Search them for posts with a stated need for SEO company.
4. Also, define your target group well. When you know their pain points, you can address them directly.
Good luck with your new company!
Answered 4 years ago
There is a an old adage. If you want to know what "John Smith" buys you must see the world through their eye. Having said that. You need to identify what pain do you solve. Dig deeper and find why should people do business.
Once you know your ideal customer and what pain killer you offer find the people on Facebook. if you need my help connect with me on LinkedIn and I can show you some techniques. Or book a free session with me https://calendly.com/qamarzamanofficial/15min?month=2019-12
Answered 3 years ago
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has become a buzzword with Internet marketers. In fact, it is so important for drawing targeted traffic to your site that there are companies that exist only to help you optimize your site for the search engines. To get first time clients follow these steps:
1. Rank Your Own Site: Reaching a targeted audience reduces the need to sell people on your ability. One of the easiest ways to reach this audience is to rank your own website for local SEO and marketing search terms. Business owners searching for relevant terms will already have an idea of what they want, so you will not need to promote the overall concept. Most business owners use Google as it is the major player in SEO as compared to Bing, Yahoo, and others to search. If you appear at the top ranks in Google, there will also be less need to promote yourself as your rankings will speak for themselves. To boost your rankings further you must understand Google algorithm as well as ensure to attract organic traffic to your site.
2. Facebook Advertising: In comparison to many advertising platforms available, Facebook has a large user base, a lot of demographic data, and is affordable. Using broad terms will not be amazingly effective but targeting local businesses in your area can provide good results. There may also be local business groups, with the opportunity to communicate directly with potential clients. This initial communication can be highly effective, providing a chance to build a relationship first before promoting your SEO services.
3. Target Sites with Low Rankings: Businesses with high search rankings are probably already using SEO services, but sites lower down might not be. If a business has a website, they are naturally hoping to get traffic, but outside of the first page, the traffic will always be negligible. Contacting business owners struggling with rankings is a great way to find clients, particularly if you have plenty of proof of your abilities.
4. Local Business Meetings: Local business meetings provide an opportunity to meet in person. Building a relationship increases the chances of gaining a client, with most business owners reluctant to agree on a contract immediately. The bigger clients, paying a higher monthly fee, will want to meet on multiple occasions, so a meeting can help you begin the relationship.
5. Recommendations and Referrals: If you can gain a few initial clients, recommendations and referrals can help you build your business into a profitable enterprise. Make sure you have a solid local SEO reseller on your side if you are targeting local businesses. Most business owners have their own clients, suppliers, and friends, so a recommendation will go a long way. This process can often occur organically, but you can speed it up by offering discounts for any existing clients who refer new business. It is vital that you can identify potential referral opportunities as it goes a long way in building trust in you.
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath
Answered 3 years ago
Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.
Already a member? Sign in