I am trying to figure out how to deal with our need to develop leads for our logo design/branding company. What is the best way to hire, train and/or lead a lead generation virtual assistant to develop leads like this? We have three main packages that we are pitching, $595, $795, and $995. So the basic idea is that our lowest priced job is $595, but we are aiming for the $800 mark for the most part. The $595 package is just the branding and logo development. We offer an up-front phone consultation for all packages. The $995 includes the website. Target markets: > IT start-ups > New companies > Entrepreneurs > Consultants > Small business > Brand overhaul clients How should we approach the listed markets? Should we be focusing more on just one clear market?
I've done this for 10 years so I speak from experience.
1. Hire a firm not an individual (overseas) - firms have controls and tools that you ensure your work is done. Workers can "disappear" unexpectedly.
2. Use a screen recorder to narrate and screen share your process.
3. Document in Google that you share with them
4. Establish daily deliverables.
5. Start basic - like find emails before getting into more advanced skills.
6. If you've never done it - don't expect an outsourcer to immediately know or outperform you.
7. Have a daily task sheet for them.
8. Always ask them to check in after doing a % of the project - so it doesn't go off task.
9. Buy great tools for them to use to accomplish the tasks. Don't give them cheap tools and expect them to be an all star.
10. Test any assignment with 2 different outsourcers to establish quality and timing comparisons.
If you want to do this long term, hire a firm not a single outsourcer. It is rule #1 for a reason.