What are the options for a Canadian independent contractor to work in the US?

I am a Canadian who has been given an offer as an independent contractor to work for a Software Development agency based in US. What is the best way for me to work as a Canadian in US?


I am from Toronto as well and you can receive money and work remotely for which you have to pay taxes. However in order to go and work there you need a work visa. H1B - H2B etc.

Answered 6 years ago

The best way to do so is to go to Delaware and register a company as an LLC (Limited Liability corporation), apply got a Tax Identification number and open up a bank account against it. That's all you need to legally work in United States if you do not hold a green card or citizenship from the United States.

Answered 6 years ago

You likely need to set up your own US company and pursue an E-2 visa to work in the US as an independent contractor. Please contact me to discuss your situation in more detail.

Answered 5 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2023 LLC. All rights reserved.