We want to build a startup studio, to explore multiple ideas in parallel, and build many startups. How can we get money to start?
As someone who is deeply involved with startup studios, here are a few hints.
1. First, calculate your optimal scale of operations. In our startup studio this was about 12-15 people core team + dedicated ceo-s for each startup experiment
2. Raise funds for the studio, for at least 12-18 months. Your options:
- use your own money
- do agency work
- get direct VC investment (hardest one, you will need traction)
- get corporate financing
3. Raise funds for your startups that are ready for it.
More on the topic here:
Answered 7 years ago
Hi there! My first advice was to build a business plan! This is a great platform for you to get all your ideas out there and have all your information in one localized place. From here I would make a pitch deck! This is what you would use to lure people into funding your company. Here are some ways to get money to start
1. Use your own
2. Boot strap from friends and family
3. Do a crowd funding campaign on Kickstarter or IndiGogo.
4. Find VCs/Angel Investors
5. Raise debt or equity for the company
If you would like me to dive in and further explain feel free to set up a call!
Answered 7 years ago
You can approach Angel Investors who have interest in startup studio. I can help you in this. Let's setup a call.
Answered 6 years ago
I have 25 years of experience working with early stage technology companies and investors.
I’m often asked about fundraising strategies for VC funds and angel investors. After raising capital and exiting from multiple startups and investing through 15 venture funds and dozens of angel investments I have seen thousands of deals.
I’ve found that the most productive use of time for both of us is scheduling a call through my profile.
Answered 4 years ago
Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.
Already a member? Sign in