A slow time when customers don't respond because it's their busiest time, or people are on vacation. How do you spend this time? What would you say is the best use of this time?
Very unique question !! Haven't heard anyone raising this !!
I do strategic IT initiatives and teach Intra-preneurship in corporate IT teams.
We have Lull times too - Christmas, Thanksgiving with vacations and low loads.
The best activity to do in this period is "IMPROVE YOUR BOTTOM LINE GROWTH"
1) Improvise process
2) Build systems of functions that are already missing it and not on priority
3) Data Analysis and testing your guts
4) Improve operational efficiency
5) Upgrade resources and systems (includes training)
TOP LINE GROWTH ACTIVITIES
1) Test your hypothesis (related sales and marketing) that are high touch and resource intensive.
2) Build communities around your product and engage your top talents that are otherwise too busy and occupied in your best seasons.
There is a ton of activities you can do...
But everything starts from data. I assume that (because you asked this question), you already own/run a business that is data driven...
Feel free to call me. to have a candid talk.
Don't worry about the $$. Depending on what part of the world you are $$ could convert to a big figure.. Let me know if you need a free pass !! 30 mins .
More than happy to share some of the metrics I use to identify opportunities. Please do share more details about the business if you wish to talk (for a fruitful talk)