We're a short story competition > http://mashstories.com < with a podcast. All the shortlisted stories are read by professional narrators and broadcast as individual episodes > http://mashstories.com/podcast/ < Each episode is 3-5 minutes long. There are no genre restrictions. Although our podcast audience has been growing, it's been a rather gradual growth. We wonder how we can get bigger exposure. Thank you for your answer in advance. P.S. We're a on-profit platform consisting of volunteers, so big advertising budgets are not for us.
Most of your traffic will come from iTunes.
Here are a few hacks to get better rankings inside of iTunes:
1. Publish every single day (especially when you launch). Having 7 episodes in the bag that you can use to publish every day really helps. Have more than that? Even better.
2. Get people to review and subscribe in iTunes. This really does help.
3. To get more iTunes reviews, highlight a new iTunes review every episode. People feel like they're a part of the show when they hear their name "on air." (Use the CommentCast app to see reviews from around the world).
4. Get great show artwork. Remember it needs to attract people both as a small icon and in your larger profile.
5. Host your sound files on a fast CDN (not on your regular website host). If your files are slow to download, people won't subscribe.
Hope these are helpful!
Answered 8 years ago