My company has a new mobile chat SDK/library for mobile game developers. It's free and we share revenue on native ads. I'm trying to find ways to get in front of developers to discuss our product and hopefully get them on the platform.
I'd start with messaging the admins of the various Facebook groups dedicated to mobile game development and asking if they'd be willing to 1) enable you to put up a post about the SDK, and 2) pin the post for a week so that you get a bit more visibility within those communities. You can also find the appropriate thread on the various mobile gaming forums and chime in there. I would recommend trying to be helpful 9 times before you ask for something once. You'll notice a much better response if you've become an active contributor to each community before you start selling your stuff, no matter how soft the sell and no matter how valuable the stuff.
Hope this helps,
Answered 8 years ago
First, congratulations for the new product!
Can't tell you about the 'where', but as per the 'how' I would suggest you adopt the 'feedback loop' mindset where instead of pushing to sell your product, you do all you can to involve your potential customers in the product development process.
The key psychological element here is that by getting their feedback and actually implementing them, you create a sense of 'belonging' in the marketplace toward your upcoming product, which will ultimately be of massive help during your launch.
In other words, don't approach the market as if you had a finished product, approach it as if you had a rough first draft you want them to improve (note that this is very hard to do, you have to put your ego on the shelf ; ).
Answered 8 years ago
- Conferences like Game Developer Conferences.
- Find Local Meet ups that focus on Mobile Game Developers.
- Get PR
- Guess Blog Post on other Blogs
- Partner up with Platforms
- Connect with people on Social Networks (Twitter, Linkedin)
- Lots of Game Developer Forums out there
- Cold Email?
Message me more info I may be interested.
Answered 8 years ago
I have done lots of inbound and outbound campaigns during last 3 years to partner with international mobile development companies and mobile app/game publishers. In addition I have worked myself as an inside sales manager at a medium size mobile and web company for over a year.
While all of the above mentioned strategies are valid and can work to market your chat SDK I have found that cold email and LinkedIn have the highest ROI if you are targeting tech decision makers. To give you a more detailed example my current cold email campaign has 43% response ratio out of 266 international mobile ad networks reached including the top ones.
The positive response ratio is over 29% to schedule calls and present them a demo of our mobile video player SDK.
My project is still ongoing since July and can message me for more details of our case study or call to give the best pitch and follow-up tips.
CEO at Incredo
Answered 8 years ago
The ways to market mobile games are as follows:
1. Make a Promo Video for Your Game: Many mobile gamers are not really interested in reading about how to play your game or how interesting it is. And why should anyone download and play your game just to find out if it is worth playing? You can convince hundreds of thousands of mobile device users to download and play your game by making a short video. Your game's video should showcase the most thrilling parts of your game and what makes it awesome or interesting. You can make it as fun and interesting as a movie trailer. Do not make a long or boring video; keep it short, simple, and remarkably interesting. You should create a YouTube channel for your game and upload the video. Share the YouTube channel link on your game's description page on Play Store and your game's landing page so that visitors can watch the video. You also can share your game's video on Vimeo to drive traffic to Play Store.
2. Take Advantage of Mobile Games Promotion Platforms: Being a game developer does not automatically make you a game marketing expert. Sometimes, you may have to bring a game marketing expert on board to showcase your game appropriately and give it all the amazing exposure it deserves. While you focus on designing an excellent user interface for your game and making it more user-friendly, mobile games promotion platforms can help you find the right target audience for it. These mobile games promotion platforms often provide low cost-per-impression (CPI) for mobile games ads. Some games promotion platforms can boost your game's ranking on Play Store within the shortest possible time. They have registered users who are willing to download, install, and play your games. So, you can easily gain organic traffic, long installs, and engagement to help your game rank higher on Play Store.
3. Build a Home for Your Game on the Web: Every game deserves a unique landing page on the Web. The competition in the mobile gaming space is too fierce for you to limit your mobile game marketing to Play Store. When you create a home for your game on the Web, you can blog about what makes your game so distinct and interesting. You can blog about how your game is played, its features, tips and tricks, and lots more. Gamers will have the freedom to ask you as many questions as possible about your game. This is an extremely easy opportunity to use your game's Web site as an extension of customer support for gamers. As you blog about your game, use keywords that describe your game in your blog posts topics and content. Chances are your game will pop up in search engine result pages when Web users use those keywords during an online search. So, on the landing page, place links to the game's page on Play Store to redirect visitors on your Web page to Play Store.
4. Use App Store Optimization: One of the best methods of marketing and promoting your mobile game is app store optimization (ASO). It is a strategy that involves several tactics of positioning your mobile game the right way to boost its visibility and ranking on Google Play. If you implement the right ASO tactics appropriately, your game will benefit tremendously from it. Odds are, it will boost your game's chances of becoming more discoverable on the Play Store search results page. Also, you will drive traffic to your game's page and convert those people into players when they download your game. To optimize your game maximally, you will have to pay attention to some segments of your game's page on Play Store. These segments make up the key algorithms that Google considers in games visibility and ranking on Play Store.
These are the key metrics:
a. Game's description
b. Game's ratings and reviews
c. Game's number of downloads
d. Game's user experience (long installs, uninstalls, and engagement)
Start by conducting research to find out the keywords that best describe your game. You can start your research on Play Store by searching for your game using several different keywords. Carefully analyse the keywords of the games that pop up at the top of the search result to have an idea of the best keywords that describe your game. Once you have the right keywords, you will have to use them tactically. Use the keywords in your game's description about five or six times for emphasis. You can also use latent semantic (LSI) keywords; they are keywords that are related to your main keywords. Design a visually friendly and outstanding icon for your game. Sometimes, an icon is what makes the difference between a game that is downloaded more often and one that is not. Also, you should take screen shots of your game on a mobile device and showcase it on your game's Play Store page.
5. Use Social Media: Across the globe, millions of people connect with friends, loved ones, and even strangers on social media. The best part? Many people use social media for play and to have fun, some of the exact reasons why people play games. So why shouldn't you promote your game on social media? You should create a Facebook page for your game. Make sure the profile picture is the icon of your game, and make sure the cover photo of the page is a crystal-clear picture of your game. You can promote the page and boost some of your best posts to reach hundreds of thousands of people. You also can create an account for your game on other networks such as Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Vimeo, and several other social networks. Pick the best social networks where your game's target audience are spending time and having fun.
6. Make the Most of Your Game's Reviews: There are several gaming Web sites that focus on mobile games reviews. Many mobile gamers often visit such sites to learn more about new and trending mobile games. You should submit your game to such Web sites for reviews. Regardless of the review you get for your game, one thing is certain: Your game will enjoy the spotlight. The best part is that you can submit your game to as many review sites as you want for maximum exposure. On the other hand, positive reviews, and ratings for your game on Play Store can boost its ranking and visibility. That automatically translates to higher traffic and increases the chances of downloads. Some of your game players will leave feedback about what they experienced when using your game. Pay constant attention to every feedback. Reply as required and, if you look closely, odds are that some of that feedback contains ideas that can make your game better and more interesting. Once you see any of such ideas, do not take it for granted. Discuss it with your team and, if it is worth it, do not hesitate to implement it.
As for mobile game developers this link will be quite helpful: https://clutch.co/directory/game-mobile-app-developers
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath
Answered 2 years ago
Great greetings, I am certain that you have heard at any rate once in your life from a companion, a marvelous story of winning in an online club, or winning a bet. I figure you didn't actually trust in such bits of snitch, at any rate imagine a circumstance where I disclosed to you that this happened to me as well, and it altogether completely changed me, when mate encouraged me this site - https://davedealer.com/ it is really reliable and doesn't hinder clients who confirmed cash win.
Answered a year ago