Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certified, Google Adwords Certified Digital Marketing Expert. Helped Several Business Owners Drive Brand Awarness & Generate Leads Using Online Marketing.
I have helped a startup scale their sales and marketing team to $4.5 million ARR so I feel like I can share a few tips.
1. Create a winning sales culture. Meaning create incentives for hitting goals. Both monthly weekly and even quarterly goals. For example if a new rep crosses 60k banked we would take them out for a custom suit and a steak. This is important as you need to keep your reps motivated.
2. Create dedicated and specialized sales teams. Create an inbound team to handle all of the hot leads. Also, create a cold calling and cold outreach team. Use your marketing department to create tons of ebooks for the sales team and ask them to use it.
3. Streamline your CRM and drill down the data as to where you are closing the deal. The company that I helped scale, used Salesforce and Outreach.io. We track everyone's close ratio, and close ratio by lead type. Data is king.
4. Do performance reviews with all reps. Make sure that they have a clear improvement plan. Go over calls and take notes. This is crucial in the long run as it will help you when your scale your team.
5. Figure out 1 or 2 marketing channel that consistently generate leads for your startup. Allocate a marketing budget and keep it it until you start figuring out your CAC (Customer acquisition cost). This is extremely important as all of your projections depend on it.
These are some of the tips I wanted to share. If you are interested in further help, let me know as I have tons of sales enablement experience.
Also, check out this article I wrote specifically covering this topic: https://rahulghosh.ca/sales/scale-inside-sales-team-2019/
One of my best friend used to own of Canada's largest mobile fitness franchisee so I feel like I can answer your question quite well.
The first thing you need to focus on is your CAC (Customer acquisition cost).
How much marketing does it cost to get 1 client. Once you have a decent idea of your CAC you can start scaling your fitness courses.
The best possible way to do it is by running webinar sessions targeting a specific fitness problem and then offering your course as a solution with some bonus materials at the end of the webinar.
Earning $2000 a month for a new website solely using Adsense is really tough. Your website needs to get hundreds of thousands of hits every month.
However if you create a niche site and promote affiliate products then that figure is much more realistic and achievable.
In order to build a bigger fanbase start by creating some anticipation post on social media as well as your blog. You can even release parts of the e-book an an opt-in to email them when it's complete.
In the anticipation stage however, I would not recommend going with pay per click or Facebook advertising.
Also, share your project on LinkedIn and ask for feedback and suggestions from experts. This is another great way to generate buzz for your upcoming content.
Please let me know if you need any help as to how you can execute the following steps.
Content...content...content. That's the key to getting traffic for any website. By content I mean you should focus your energy on long tail keywords and write descriptive posts (1500+ words) for them.
When people land on your website offer them something valuable in order for them to opt-in and this will reduce your bounce rate drastically.
Use a software like OptinMoster, Bloom for Wordpress, Leadpages etc. to design your opt-in. These softwares are designed to reduce your bounce rate.
If you would like to learn more and get an evaluation of your website, come up with a content plan and more please book a a call with me and I will be happy to discuss with your further.
I specialize in handling digital marketing with small businesses in Toronto. Most of the small business owners have a limited budget and they are overwhelmed by the fact as to how they can compete with the bigger players out there.
The solution is to use a combination of inbound & paid marketing strategy to amplify your efforts. You can start by contacting bloggers to write about the cereals.
You need to create some sort of an offer to promote the product and generate new customers. When choosing online advertising you need to target long tail keywords and avoid spending your money on broad search terms.
If you want to discuss further please send me a message or call me here and I will be happy to help you.