Edmund JohnEmerging Markets Entrepreneur & Investor

Currently building SelfKey.org

Can consult topics directly related/adjacent - such as tokenized funds, security tokens (STO's), and decentralized identity.

Recent Answers

The following is not exhaustive nor is it legal advise.

1. You'll want to have a good 'crypto-economy' and plan for your token. What are the pressure mechanisms on price/supply. What is the actual use of the token within your application or network? Can your token just be substituted for ethereum or is your token unique and absolutely necessary for a new ERC-20 token.

2. Plan a legal structure.
The legal structure you choose is very important because it determines (to some extent) the governing law. Each token is different and therefore you should not just copy another but rather get a specific plan and structure for your token. The legal structure will likely impact your disclosure documents, KYC requirements, tax and ongoing legal requirements.

3. Pick Attorney(s) to draft legal agreements.
There are many agreements that need to be drafted including the purchase/sale/terms/disclosure agreements. It's best to have a law firm do these, and be covered by their professional liability insurance (if you can)!

4. Do KYC for your sale
Any token sale needs to abide by AML/CTF laws. This is an absolute must, and even if all else is equal, if you are found to be aiding or abetting terrorists or money launderers, you may find the long arm of the law reaching out for you. Your KYC should be connected to your ERC-20 contract. The folks at https://KYC-Chain.com may be able to help.

5. Be honest
Consumer protection laws exist for a reason, and you should have an ACTUAL product and use case.

**This is not tax or legal advise.

I've written more on this here: https://flagtheory.com/successful-initial-coin-offering/

For a chatbot? The hard work as already been done by other companies. Just develop on top of a horizontal platform if you want to go after a specific industry vertical.

Laws regarding import/export in targeted country

Where you will incorporate (is a new entity needed or can the business continue to run under the current entity).

Taxation issues (if any, for instance VAT).

There is not enough detail provided to answer further, this is just a starting point and not legal advise.

You could use a payment processor and also a call system such as twilio. If you want to work with the phone companies (i.e. 1900 number in the US) this is also an option but the API's are not friendly (or non-existent) and they will take a larger fee.

No one can stop you from resigning. if they want you to resign for other reasons, they should pay you and reach a settlement agreement (which would cause you to resign for other reasons).

One is a SERVICE. Services sometimes have issues with profitability when scaling. You end up managing people and profit margins stay the same or decrease.

The other is a PRODUCT. Products generally scale better as the cost of product remains more or less the same (COGS).

Many people start consulting and build a product later.

You can also do a productized service which is a mix of both.

It's really impossible to answer this question without a fuller analysis of your specific tax situation. "Float between" won't be the terminology used in a tax treaty!

That being said, we've attempted to distill down different incorporation options at Incorporations.IO which is a free comparison tool for looking at global incorporation.

Also there are plenty of articles on our FlagTheory.com website which talk about tax residency, bank accounts, obligations in terms of reporting and more.

There was a company tracking changes to privacy policies but they stopped working on this. If I'm not mistaken I believe it was docracy.

Contact on Clarity

$ 33.33/ min

4.95 Rating
Schedule a Call

Send Message






Access Startup Experts

Connect with over 20,000 Startup Experts to answer your questions.

Learn More

Copyright © 2024 Startups.com LLC. All rights reserved.