Hi, I know web designing and programming, and I can create a website and can setup an Google adsense account, but as you can understand gaining organic traffic from Google is very tough these days and it also requires lot of time to build reputation to get free traffic from google. Could you please help me with following questions: 1. What kind of industry should I consider so that I can get easy traffic in a very, very short amount of time, considering the fact that my only objective is to reach $2000 monthly. 2. What could be the most efficient way to get traffic in this case 3. Should I use Wordpress blog or design my website from scratch (any other suggestions?) 4. Is there another easy way to get money for my website apart from Google adsense?
1. What kind of industry should I consider so that I can get easy traffic in a very, very short amount of time, considering the fact that my only objective is to reach $2000 monthly.
Health/wellness/nutrition/fitness are usually quick, high-interest industries. Definitely high-competition, though. Saturated market already.
2. What could be the most efficient way to get traffic in this case
Efficient? Buy it from Adwords. COST efficient? Organic/SEO. But organic takes time and lots of energy in content production and promotion.
3. Should I use Wordpress blog or design my website from scratch (any other suggestions?)
I prefer WordPress for nearly everything. Unless you have some specific reason not to, I recommend choosing WordPress.
4. Is there another easy way to get money for my website apart from Google adsense?
Yes, definitely. Adsense is actually a VERY low payout method of monetizing traffic.
Look into CPA marketing, or cost-per-acquisition. Affiliate marketing sites are also good options. Both take time and effort, however.
$2k/mo in web traffic revenue is a lot for solo publishers. That's an ambitious goal. Chase it, definitely. But think outside the box a bit. Adsense won't get you to $2k/mo anytime soon.
If there were (legitimate) get-rich-quick schemes lying around on the web, we'd all be doing them!
Earning $2000 a month for a new website solely using Adsense is really tough. Your website needs to get hundreds of thousands of hits every month.
However if you create a niche site and promote affiliate products then that figure is much more realistic and achievable.
1. you should go towards niches that are costly through Google Adwords. There are tools that tell you this like SpyFu.com. Something like Attorneys, Lawyers, Doctors, Insurance, and other types of service businesses, maybe like plumbers or home improvement types of projects (flooring, roofing, etc.)
2. Post original content. as much per day as possible. I would consider posting 30-50 times per day unique posts to the site if you want to get a lot of traffic. I would also launch a pop-up on the site to ask for their email address in exchange for a valuable list of secrets of some type, like how to save money on getting home improvement projects done for instance.
3. Wordpress for sure. Make sure you have a clean, mobile optimized theme. Make sure to add plugins like popups, sharing links, and maybe a forum if you plan to moderate it, that way you can have users generate content for you which there is nothing better than this as long as it's all good content. Most people spend too much time messing around with their website, when instead they should be posting as much unique, fresh content as possible. You can also hire people to write for you and/or pay college students to write content. The cheaper the better as long as they can write decently. You may have to give them the topics.
4. You can join affiliate programs. You ca become a merchant yourself and sell products through your website or blog, by using Shopify.com which is a great platform to sell on. You can find vendors to sell their products, in which case the content on the site would match those products. With Shopify, you can still create the blog with Wordpress and add Buy it Now buttons on your blog from Shopify! Cool stuff! I hope this helps. This is very accurate strategy, if you don't follow this you will not achieve those traffic levels. I have been doing this for 20 years. Let me know if you have any questions.
You need high traffic AND/OR high CPC content.
There are many high cost per click "keywords", and I won't list them all (your best tool to research this is SemRush), but for example, "credit cards" is pretty profitable.
Key is to have a combination of both - good traffic + "good keyword content".
It's also best to have traffic from US/Canada (UK/Western Europe/Australia/NZ) for highest paying ads.