As an early adopter of Agile, DevOps, and Cloud, I have helped a number of organizations transform themselves to lean executing organizations building teams and products that scale. To get them there, I had to influence their culture, modify or introduce processes that aligned with their goals and fit the culture, and finally consolidate or modernize their technology.
I have spent over a decade consulting in FinTech, Insurance, Retail, and a few other specialized industries. During this time I have:
• Lead Agile and Cloud Transformation initiatives
• Built new practices and lead the transition to Service Oriented Architectures
• Architected and Lead multiple product modernizations on premise and on the Cloud
• Helped establish mature and lean Enterprise Architectures and Governance Models
• Managed a consulting practice with revenues over $5M
Although I have held many senior positions and managed large teams, I still maintain a hands-on relationship with Technology and continue to develop and experiment with new technologies. In 2015 I also co-founded a Video Streaming startup and implemented a fully automated distributed system that is in production today.
Special interests: Blockchains, Distributed Computing, and Microservices
It depends on what your end goals are. If you are going at it alone, this, or any other service should suffice. If you are also thinking of implementing a custom process and your company will have "secret sauce", you are probably better off developing your own solution.
A few points to consider:
* You want to make sure the product you use is reliable and safe. You will be storing PII for your candidates, the app has to do a good job protecting PII
* From what I can tell, you still need to deploy this app yourself. If you don't have technical expertise, I wouldn't recommend it. You would be responsible for its reliability scalability, and security which is not trivial. An alternative is to use a SaaS product, which comes with all of the above managed by the provider