Founder and CEO of Labinator.com - I have 8+ years of experience in web development and digital marketing (SEO, SEM, SMM, Content Marketing, and App Marketing).
When it comes to marketing, you need to keep in mind the following:
1. Social Media Marketing (SMM): Create social profiles, post about your products there and interact with your fans. Aim as well to post ads in social media networks as it is an effective way to get traffic right away. Social media networks include: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr and many others.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This includes creating high quality related content and ranking this content in search engines to get traffic organically.
3. Search Engine Marketing (SEM): is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) through optimization and advertising. That includes posting ads in search engines and optimizing those ads depending your niche, products and competition.
4. Offline Marketing: If you can market your website at some relevant events or within your circle, then you must do that as well.
Returning back to your question, the best marketing strategy is for you to create multiple marketing campaigns. Everything has to be balanced. Don't rely on one source of traffic and note that marketing is a continuous process.
Hope that helps!
P.S: Let me know if you need any further help!
In few words, the launch date does not matter a lot as long as you are following with a continuous marketing plan all the year. It is better to tune your lunch date according to your marketing campaign than connecting it to the seasonal event. The timing of your launch only matters if your website is already ranked or has a good authority associated to it. Launching a website is not like opening a local shop. The launch date is defined by the effectiveness of your marketing campaign. In other words, your question must be rephrased as: "When is the best time to launch my first marketing campaign for my newly created website?". In that case, you will need to describe in details what kind of website you have and how are you planning to market it.
I would be able to give you a more accurate answer if you explain to me what kind of website are you planning to launch or what products mainly are you selling.
Hope that helps!
Selling any product including "iPhone cases" on websites with high competition like Ebay is surely not an easy mission. There are hundreds of sellers on Ebay and other websites who are already selling cases. If you need to get some sales, you need at least one of the following:
1. High reputation, reviews or feedbacks on the website that you are selling on.
2. The product that you are selling must be unique in some way or simply not found anywhere else.
3. If your products are featured at your own website, then that website of yours must be ranked properly online and marketed decently around social media networks.
In your case, a possible approach would be to create your own website to sell your products on or work as an affiliate marketer for other big sellers in exchange for commissions.
Depending on your budget, you need to draw the right plan around. If you have a good budget to invest in your business, then creating a website for yourself is a must. Otherwise, you need to rely on other websites and seek to provide unique or special products to get an edge around.
Hope that helps!
Your choice of technology stack will highly depend on your objectives and projects. There is no one correct answer to this. It would be really great if you can share with us what kind of applications or projects you are working on in order to give you a proper advice. Thanks!