Entrepreneur, Owner of "The Cleaning Solution", a cleaning company in central Indiana. Business consultant and personal development coach. Passionate about helping others succeed.
As a business and personal development coach, I frequently come across this dilemma and trust me, it can be overcome once you simplify things.
I recommend entrepreneurship over a job any day, but it is all about personal preference. It sounds like you have a lot of passion around creating your own path in the world and I highly suggest that you go this route but here is my recommendation:
1. Find a job related to one of the fields you mentioned starting a business in.
2. Gain industry experience while also bringing in an INCOME from that job.
3. Use your income and experience to start your own part-time business on the side.
You don't have to go all-in when starting a business. Start small, and as you grow you can think about leaving your job and focusing solely on your business.
The social anxiety is a very common problem and can be overcome over time as you gain confidence in yourself and focus on personal development.
I can certainly assist you with both if you would like to set up a call sometime. Best of luck!
Considering you already know what kind of business you want to start, the first steps are:
- Research your competition to see what they are doing that is working for them, as well as their pricing and competitive advantages. Look at companies that have been around for a long time and are obviously doing something right.
- Calculate your necessary startup costs and figure out if and how you need to borrow those funds.
- Branding. Your image is everything especially in the crucial startup stage of your business. You need potential customers to trust your brand new company, and that starts with a very sharp image. Today, a professional logo and website are the bare minimum.
Feel free to schedule a call to discuss further.