Hello experts. So I have been operating a business unincorporated and basically just under my name. I have now recently incorporated it and would like to take the money that is still unspent and move it into the new corporation bank account, but I don't want it to seem like new income. (Or does it matter?) Can I just move money into the corporation at any time be it from my own pocket or other income sources to be used? Or is there some special way to move money into the corporation? Signed, So New

In the United States there are not restrictions for money to be transfrered into a your corporation. However it should be properly documented within the minutes of the shareholder meeting. The infusion of capital can be either the purchase of stock or an officer's loan. If it is the purhase of stock it should be documented in the stock purchase ledger and stock certificated should be signed and given to you the stock buyer.. A stock purchase ledger comes with a corporate kit which is usually provided by the company or person that set up your corporation. If the infusion of capital is an officers loan, a written promisory note should be created and signed by the lender and borrower and stamped and signed by a notary. The note should charge interest and payments should be made on a monthly basis and interest should be charged. You the lended should receive a 1099 from your company if it pays you more that $600 for the year. The Corporation would expense the interest on the corpororation tax return and the lender (you) would put the interest received on their personal tax return. ***Note this is not legal advise or tax advise this is a general discussion of the topic. You should speak to your attorney or accountant before acting on anything discusses in the forum.

Answered a month ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2020 LLC. All rights reserved.