I have a partner who did not do what he said he would do. Now he has equity but is uninvolved. What do I do? I'm really wondering if I should just dissolve the company and start a new one, but worried of the legality of this. Not looking to spend $10,000+ on legal fees to challenge their equity shares.

What tactics have you already tried? Is there a way to co-create some new expectations going forward? For example, are each of your roles and responsibilities outlined in writing? Would your partner be open to creating a new partnership agreement around agreed upon roles and responsibilities? Perhaps a facilitation of this conversation between the two of you would help. A business coach could serve as a neutral third party and help you find a mutually beneficial solution.

Answered 2 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2020 LLC. All rights reserved.