I am building an MVP to prove a new business concept around using technology to help women research beauty products. I am getting conflicting advice around whether the MVP should be built as an App or as a Mobile Responsive website. Longer term, I see the App being the predominant platform for our service and my target market are the millenial segment who are high smart phone users. I would love some advice on pros and cons of the App versus Website route for testing an MVP?
I built a social discovery platform to help pregnant and new moms discover, find and buy baby products. Since this is a MVP I suggest the quick and dirty method.
Quick and Dirty:
Buy a Wordpress template (they come responsive), style it to what you are trying to do. Become an Amazon affiliate to pull the products. You or someone else write about the beauty products. That is your MVP.
Long term items to think about:
1. Regardless if you have an App or a responsive website you will need a Content Management System.
2. Depending on the demographics you are targeting it will dictate what to build. More likely build an App for the long haul.
3. How will they accessing the app or site? Will you be sending weekly newsletters? or weekly push notifications?
4. What do you want the women to do on the platform? Discover then buy?
5. Where will you be finding the products from? You could use Amazon API or Viglink API to bring in the products and make commission.
If you want to discuss further shoot me a message.