We are in rapid-growth mode and are doubling our sales team every 3 months. Many HR managers I know are using personality tests as part of the hiring process to help select between candidates. We would be using this for junior sales positions, after completing the initial screening call. It would help us evaluate which candidates are the best fit for in-person interviewing and hiring decisions. What tools have you found effective? Any other thoughts on how best to apply these screens? Would you recommend hiring a consultant to facilitate or run an in-house program?
Pre-employment Testing software can be seen in the following link: https://www.capterra.com/pre-employment-testing-software/
To successfully manage an inside sales team, you not only have to recruit the right talent, but also utilize that talent effectively. Because of the strong competition to hire SDRs and inside sales reps, managers are often forced to hire inexperienced sales reps without a storied career full of proven victories. In fact, many SDRs are hired directly out of college. So, due to a lack of candidates with previous experience, some organizations find that personality tests are a great way to recruit reps and predict which ones might have what it takes to hit their numbers. While there isn’t a single personality type that indicates if a rep will be a success, there are a variety of popular personality assessment tests that can help managers gauge how a rep will fit in with their particular sales culture. Though controversial, proponents of these personality assessment tests often believe that they at least can be useful during the hiring process.
1. Sixteen Personality Factor Questionnaire: The Sixteen Personality Factor Questionnaire was devised in the mid-20th century by British psychologist Raymond Cattell. It purports to identify and assess 16 personality traits possessed by all of us in varying degrees. Users answer 164 questions, and the test seeks to predict how well prospective reps might complete tasks or handle high stress situations. This test differs from certain other personality since it focuses directly on how individuals might react to specific work situations.
You may be familiar with this one, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a very popular personality test. Though not specific to sales, The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is the most widely used assessments. The test seeks to sort test takers into one of the 16 personality archetypes devised famous psychologist Carl Jung.
2. Caliper Profile Assessment Test: For more than half a century, businesses have used the Caliper Profile Assessment Test to identify 25 traits that relate to job performance. This test, which can be taken online or on paper, purports to provide clear, objective information on an individual’s strengths, limitations, motivations, and potential.
3. DiSC: The DiSC is a leading assessment tool that measures employees’ personality and behavior style. While no personality style is inherently indicative of success in sales, this test can help predict whether a rep will be a good culture fit. As I mentioned before, many sales environments seek out reps with dominant, alpha personalities.
4. Grit: The Grit assessment tool was devised by Dr. Angela Duckworth from University of Pennsylvania. According to Dr. Duckworth, grit can be defined as “sticking with things over the very long term until you master them.” This test seems more useful as a hiring tool for organizations looking for long-term employees, since it can potentially identify sales reps that are “marathon runners” instead of “sprinters.” It is also a short and relatively easy to administer test.
The test is recommended by several top sales leaders including The Bridge Group’s Trish Bertuzzi and Quota Factory’s Pete Gracey.
5. OMG: Objective Management Group is a sales assessment company that offers several sales-specific assessments for roles including sales reps, managers and directors/VPs. While some of the other tests listed here are applicable to but not specific to sales, the OMG is included because it is 100% focused on assessing sales reps.
Besides if you do have any questions give me a call: https://clarity.fm/joy-brotonath